The Los Angeles Gender Center is both an APA and BBS approved sponsor of continuing education. We have worked with gender diverse communities for over twenty five years. Throughout this time we have provided education for professionals at universities, medical schools, workplace settings, healthcare centers, and other institutions. We now offer continuing education credit with these trainings.
LAGC is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists. LAGC maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
The Los Angeles Gender Center is approved
by the American Psychological Association to
sponsor continuing education for psychologists.
The Los Angeles Gender Center maintains
responsibility for this program and its content.
LMFT, LCSW, LPCC AND LEP IN CALIFORNIA
LAGC courses meet the requirements for CE credits for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs in CA as required by CA BBS.
1) Our aim is to provide participants with an understanding of the current standards of mental health practice for transgender individuals, while also creating a learning environment that is interactive. Thus, trainings include operationalizing and applying such standards to psychological practice. Additionally, we provide up-to-date and scientifically-based developments within the discipline of psychology and relevant fields for professional psychologists and psychology trainees.
Examples of program content include:
• Gender development during childhood and adolescents
• Informed consent models for transgender healthcare
• Navigating gender transition within schools
• Gender transition across the lifespan
• Hormone replacement therapy
• Trans-collaborative healthcare
• Sexual identity development
• Addressing transphobia and homophobia
• Trans-sensitivity in the clinic setting
• Creating trans-positive campuses and workplaces
• Transgender rights and policies
• World Professional Association (WPATH)
• Standards of Care for transgender healthcare
2) Provide opportunities for clinicians to acquire new knowledge and engage with current competencies and standards related to issues of multicultural diversity and specifically gender diversity.
3) Provide assurances that offerings adhere to the standards and criteria and policies and procedures of the American Psychological Association Sponsor Approval System.
If you are interested in learning more about our upcoming CE trainings, please provide us with your email or contact us at email@example.com.
If you are interested in partnering with LAGC as an approved APA or BBS Continuing Education Sponsor please contact: Caroline Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org